Sunday, February 20, 2011

"I'm a good girl I am"

Sometimes, I think I do my biggest and best thinking on Sundays.
We talked about sacrifice today in church.
Annd well..
It got me thinking.

I had always known what sacrifice was...
Buut, I always thought it was the bigger things we give.
Time.
Money.

I suppose it hadn't occurred to me that sacrifice could also pertain to--
friends.
loved ones.
relationships.

It all makes sense.
I don't know why its never hit me before
You know?

It was eye-opening to say the least.
Makes you rethink a lot of decisions and choices you've made.
..are making..

Im not gonna lie and say I've been the best person as of late.
I mean, im not horrible...I suppose.
But, definitely not the best version of myself by far.

Im trying to be better.
Promise.
Its just, sometimes, I find myself drawn to old...habits?
I dunno, its hard to explain.
This new me is kinda strange.
The good one, you know.
I dont think I've ever been this person before.
Does that mean im maturing? 

I guess at this point its time to turn it all over the Lord.
I absolutely love going out with the Sisters..
I feel like it gives me a purpose during the week.
Which, brings us back to..

"That thing we don't talk about"

Its still looming in the back of mind.
Constantly there--and not quite proud of my latest decisions.
I talk to almost everyone about it.
Even though....I "don't talk about it"

I've been continually praying.
No burning desire yet.
But, I think starting my papers wouldn't hurt.
I think that if through the process the Lord needed to tell me it wasn't the right thing..
He would do it then.
You know? 

At some point I should be preparing to go the temple.
Whether, its for the mission.
Or a marriage looming far in the future.

Either way, I must say how utterly EXCITED I am the temple is opening in May.
Its been a long time coming.
I havent been into a temple in ages.
I meant, I went and SAW the temple for Manda & Braden's wedding
Buuut, there wasnt much time to actually DO anything there.

What a blessing it is to have a temple so close to us.
I think this rededication has shown me how grateful and blessed I should be and am that the temple is only 30 mintutes away...
That I dont have to drive for days.
Need to sell my house.
Save for a lifetime.
Or never..
See the temple.

Im also so very excited that its going to be open to the general public for two weeks of tours.
Thats right, everyone can go through and see the beauty, that is the Atlanta Temple.
So...EXCITING :) 
Ahh. Love.

I Love it
         atlanta-mormon-temple26.jpg


G'night Loves
:)

1 comment:

  1. A M E N sista!
    that thing you don't talk about...go for it.
    you're right. you'll know.

    ReplyDelete